Staff should follow the Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) Regional Office procedures for processing refunds, and provide a copy of refund paperwork to the RS Central Office. If no Regional Office procedures are in place, use these procedures:

  1. Determine the reason for the refund (overpayment, client no longer attending school, etc.).
  2. Note the reason for the refund both in the client's file and on a note with the voucher number and Program Cost Account (PCA) to return the funds.
  3. Send the refund voucher number, and note with the reason for the refund to your Administrative Service Chief (ASC) and a copy to the RS Central Office in Topeka.

Effective Date: April 26, 2005