KANSAS DEPARTMENT FOR CHILDREN
DCF Administration Building
555 S. Kansas Ave., 6th Floor
Topeka, KS 66603
Economic and Employment Services Program Administrators
Economic and Employment Services Staff
Prevention and Protection Services Administrators
Summary of Changes for Kansas Economic and Employment Services Manual (KEESM) Revision No. 101 effective January 1, 2021
OVERVIEW OF CHANGES
A brief overview of the major changes is described below. Other clarifications and technical corrections are also included and described in the next section. Additional technical corrections not mentioned here are being incorporated in KEESM as needed.
DESCRIPTION, PURPOSE, AND DETAILS OF POLICY CHANGE
- All Programs
- KEESM 1224.1 Non-EES program information
- Child Care
- KEESM 7610 Duration of Child Care Plans – Wording has been added to this section to clarify that the 12-month eligibility period begins with the first month approved with benefits authorized.
- KEESM 9374 Review periods for Child Care – Wording has been added to this section to clarify that the 12-month eligibility period begins with the first month approved with benefits authorized.
- Food Assistance
- Verification at the Time the Change is Reported – KEESM 9121.2 is being modified to require verification of any excess non-exempt income.
- Mandatory Verification - KEESM 1322.1 (1) (f) is being added to indicate that reported gross non-exempt income that is over the reporting requirement for Food Assistance must be verified.
- Clients Rights to a Fair Hearing - KEESM 1613.1. NOTE is being added to indicate that for Food Assistance a client must be granted a Fair Hearing even if appealing state of federal regulations.
- Agency Conference – KEESM 1614.2 is being updated that for Food Assistance if a client wishes to withdraw a request for a Fair Hearing it must be done in writing.
- Dismissal of Fair Hearings – KEESM 1615 NOTE clarification is being added that the agency cannot request dismissal if the client does not show for the pre hearing agency conference.
KEESM 1322.1(13) School Enrollment (TANF Only) -
KEESM 2210 Child in Family -
- KEESM 2260.6 Testing Positive for Illegal Use of a Controlled Substance -
- KEESM 2260.10 Referral/Turnaround form for Substance Abuse Treatment -
- KEESM 2260.13 Regaining Eligibility -
FORMS (Explanation provided if not mentioned previously in this summary.)
ES-3100, Application for Benefits, is being updated in English and Spanish.
ES-4416, DCF/DSA Referral Form, was updated and linked to Forms in December 2020.
ES-3100.6, Application for Food Assistance, is being added to Forms in English and Spanish.
APPENDIX (Explanation provided if not mentioned previously in this summary.)
MISCELLANEOUS FORMS (Explanation provided if not mentioned previously in this summary.)
All changes are effective January 1, 2021.
EFFECT ON LOCAL STAFF (No significant effect if not explained below.)
MATERIALS OBSOLETED BY THIS REVISION
This change was coordinated with staff in Economic and Employment Services (EES), Executive leadership, and the EES Program Administrators.
Sandra Kimmons, EES Director
Economic and Employment Services